If you are planning to relocate to a new country, then Canada is one of the most ideal countries in the world to settle. With best of opportunities in professional front and high standard of living, Canada has become the prime destination for immigrants all over the world. What makes shifting to Canada lucrative are the lenient immigration laws and astute lifestyle that the country offers. All you need to do is apply for the Canada immigration through the Permanent Residency (PR) status as it is the most beneficial way to migrate to Canada. The Permanent Residency (PR) status is granted to the applicant for a period of five years, it is a family visa which provides profitable benefits like free healthcare, free education and protection against crime under the Canadian charter 6 of Rights and freedom.
What are the professional opportunities that Canada offers?
Canada has something to offer to almost every profession – skilled workers, business men, investors or anything else. For the skilled candidates, there are various occupational opportunities for almost every sector like IT, healthcare, teaching line etc. all that the candidate needs to be aware of is the National Occupational Classification (NOC) in which skill levels O, A and B are highly acceptable. For business men and investors, there are ample of opportunities as well and they need to meet the basic legal requirements for running an enterprise and should have enough funds to invest in the country. Rest the skills and talent can help you expand your business and create ideal living conditions for yourself in Canada.
How to apply for the Permanent Residency(PR) Status of Canada?
With the latest changes introduced in the immigration model, the immigration process with the PR status has given wings to the candidates. The Permanent Residency (PR) status can be availed through three main pathways – Express Entry Program, Provincial Nominee Program(PNP) and Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP)
Express Entry Program
It was introduced in 2015 and is a selection model which is federal in nature. It is a pathway for skilled candidates to migrate to Canada and is a highly beneficial option for the immigrants with which the candidate can migrate to Canada in 6 months time. The candidates under this program are evaluated on the basis of point measurement system and the factors that contribute in the point calculation are listed below:
- Age – The age bracket which can help the candidate attain maximum points is 18- 35 years. However, there is no age limit to move to Canada.
- Language Proficiency – There are two official languages in Canada – English and French and the knowledge in at least one of them is important to establish. The candidate needs to undertake the test in either one of the language and submit the score for points calculation.
- Education– All the degrees/ certificates / diplomas etc. are accessed as per the standards of the Canadian educational board and they should be analyzed with the help of a governing authorized body like WES. For higher education the candidates are allotted high scores.
- Work Experience – Having good work experience in a field can not only get good points to the candidate but can also help in the employment department. For a decent job profile at least one year of full time continuous paid job experience is necessary.
- Adaptability – Having a sibling or spouse who is already staying in Canada can help the candidate attain extra points for Canada Immigration
- Arranged employment – Having a job offer from an employer is Canada can get the candidate extra points. Although for immigration to Canada having a job offer is not mandatory.
The Express Entry Draws are released by the IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada) in which the minimum qualifying Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) point score is announced. All those candidates who secure the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) point score are considered fit to apply for the Permanent Residency (PR) status of Canada and are sent and ITA (Invitation to apply) which needs to be responded in 60 days time.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
The candidates who fail to qualify through the Express Entry Program due to some reason need not lose hope as they can apply for the Permanent Residency (PR) status of Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The Provincial Nominee is for a particular province’s Permanent Residency (PR) status in which the candidate needs to meet the eligibility for the province to attain its Permanent Residency (PR) status. The candidate should ethically stay in that province for a minimum period of two years of which the Permanent Residency (PR) status is achieved. The eligibility for every province is different and they pay huge importance to the occupation in-demand in their region at the time of selection of candidates. Some of the examples are –
- Nova Scotia wants the candidate’s occupation to be in-demand in their region and there should be an IELTS score of minimum 4.5 band.
- Saskatchewan asks for a score of 60-point grid out of 100
Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
The Quebec region has its own eligibility criteria for immigration to Canada. The Permanent Residency (PR) status of the Quebec region can be attained after the candidate has met the minimum qualifying criteria of the province. The selection model is point based and the candidate should undergo the process of immigration through this model in two stages-
- The CSQ (certificate of selection of Quebec) needs to be achieved from the Quebec province
- The approval of the federal government after receiving the CSQ should be attained.
The Quebec region places huge importance on the knowledge of the French language. Thus, people with the knowledge of the French language have an extra advantage in the Quebec region.
APPLY FOR THE PR STATUS OF CANADA THROUGH EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM
What is the processing time for the Permanent Residency (PR) status application?
The processing time for the Permanent Residency (PR) status is basically the time taken to complete the process of moving to Canada. The processing time is largely dependent on the type of candidature and also the program through which the candidate has filed his visa application. However, the fastest mode to immigrate to Canada is through the Express Entry program, with which the candidate can migrate to Canada is 6 months or less as claimed by the IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada).
LATEST UPDATE ON IMMIGRATION TO CANADA 2020
The list of documents which will be required to help you with the Canada Immigration?
The documents that are required are also based on the type of candidature and program through which the candidate has applied for the Permanent Residency (PR) status of Canada. But, on a general pattern there are certain documents which are asked for and the list of those documents is provided below:
- IELTS / CLB examination score
- Educational certificates / degrees/ diplomas
- Resume (recently updated)
- The work experience letters from previous employers
- Proof of funds – (bank statements / debentures / bonds/ shares)
- Recent medical record
- Police verification
These are some general requirements the documents list can change as per the demand of the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)