British Columbia is a western province of Canada and is the epicenter of cultural diversity and economic development. The BC Provincial Nominated Program (BCPNP) is a way for high-demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs to immigrate permanently to the province. It is one of Canada’s PNP programs that has two broad streams for workers and graduates - Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration, as well as an additional stream for entrepreneurs.
In this article we will discuss the basics of BC PNP through the following topics:
- Various immigration streams under the BC PNP
- Basics of BC PNP Tech Pilot
- Documents required in 2021 for BC PNP
- Why Kals Immigration Visa - The Best Immigration Consultant?
Know what the different immigration streams are under the BC PNP
BC PNP accepts provincial nomination applications under two main immigration streams:
- Immigration Skills (also includes Express Entry BC)
- Entrepreneurial Immigration
These streams are further divided into several categories: Skills Immigration
BC PNP Skills Immigration is further divided into the following sections:
- Skilled Workers Department: This department is for skilled workers who have got job offer in skilled profession for the applicants should have several years work experience in skilled profession.
- Department of Healthcare Professionals: This department allows professionals in the healthcare industry to apply for provincial nominations, such as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or health professionals aligned with job-offers and work experience.
- International Graduate Department:This department is for international students who have graduated from a qualified Canadian university or college in the last three years. To apply for this section for provincial nomination, applicants need to have a job offer from a qualified employer in the province.
- International Post-graduate Department:This department is for graduates who have passed with a master's or doctoral degree in a natural, applied or health science program from a qualified educational institution in the province.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category:: Many entry-level or semi-skilled workers in hospitality or tourism, food processing, or long-term trekking or many working people live in the northeastern region of British Columbia. Working in entry-level or semi-skilled positions, they may be eligible to apply for provincial nomination through this BC PNP division.
Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC)
Like other PNP programs, the BC PNP has an "extended" stream that allows candidates applying for Canada PR visas through the Express Entry Program to be selected for provincial nominations. This stream is also known as Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC).
Immigration categories that can be processed through the following EEBCs:
- Health Care Professional Category
- Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
Candidates entering any express are given 600 CRS to get the certificate of provincial nomination -Comprehensive Ranking System points. This huge point effectively guarantees the applicant to get ITA - IRDC - Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada invites them to apply for a Canadian PR visa.
Candidates entering any express are given 600 CRS to get the certificate of provincial nomination - Comprehensive Ranking System points.
This huge point effectively a guarantee the ITA Power Candidate - IRDC - Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada invites you to apply for their Canadian PR visa.
What is BC PNP SIRS system?
The new point-based immigration system SIRS - Skills Immigration Registration System was announced by the Provincial Government of British Columbia in January 2016. In this system the candidates are given a registration score which decides whether the candidate will be invited to apply or not. Points are awarded based on different levels such as work experience, level of education, and BC employment offer.
With our BC PNP Points Calculator you can calculate your BC PNP points!
This immigration route is for experienced international businessmen who want to run a new business in the province of British Columbia or buy an existing business. This program is divided into two sections:
- Entrepreneur Immigration Base Category: In case of senior directors or businessmen who want to invest funds for the proposed business in the province.
- Entrepreneur Immigration - Regional Pilot: For international entrepreneurs who want to start a new business in a small community in the province of British Columbia.
Basics of BC PNP Tech Pilot
BC PNP Tech Pilot is for candidates who have gained experience in technical professions such as web designer and engineer, database analyst, telecommunications career manager, etc. For them to be eligible for this technology pilot an applicant needs a full-time job offer from a qualified employer in the province.
B.C. The technology sector is one of the major engines of economic growth in the province, where employment in technology has reached its highest level on record. The demand for talent in British Columbia's technology sector is growing faster than supply. To support these requirements, a pilot program under the BC PNP ensures that the technology sector to attract and retain talent around the world that is needed to sustain and grow the sector.
BC PNP Tech Pilot (introduced in 2017) helps employers in the province to provide a fast-tracked migration route for skilled workers and international graduates according to the needs of skilled-candidates, which helps meet the needs of qualified candidates.
Features Of BC PNP Tech Pilot
BC PNP Tech Pilot Key Features are depends on punctuality, service, priorities and engagement in response to the need of industry:
- Timeliness: Weekly invitations to apply are given to skilled technicians, reducing the wait for employers and their potential employees.
- Services: A dedicated BC PNP for technology employers provides appropriate information and navigation support for regional immigration programs and processes.
- Priority: Technology applications are given priority during processing to meet the rapid demand of the sector.
- Engagement: Uninterrupted support of tech sector employers through proactive engagement activities and participation in key industry events.
Note: BC PNP Tech Pilot is not a separate immigration department under BC PNP. Applicants only need to apply under the existing immigration stream and make sure they are meeting the minimum requirements of the stream.
The following is a list of 29 key qualified technology professions:
|NOC Code||Job Title|
|0131||Telecommunication carrier managers|
|0213||Computer and information system managers|
|0512||Managers - Publishing, drawing, motion broadcasting and art editing|
|2133||Electrical and Electronics Engineer|
|2147||Computer engineers (excluding software engineers and designers)|
|2171||Information systems analysts and consultants|
|2172||Database Analyst and Data Administrator|
|2173||Software engineer and designer|
|2174||Computer programmers and interactive media developers|
|2175||Web designer and developer|
|2221||Biotechnologists and technologists|
|2241||Electrical and electronics engineering technicians and technologists|
|2242||Electronic Services Technician (Family & Business Equipment)|
|2243||Industrial machinery technician and mechanical|
|2281||Computer network technologist|
|2282||User support technician|
|2283||Arrangements to provide information to technologists|
|5121||Author & writer|
|5125||Translators, terminologists and interpreters|
|5225||Audio and video recording technician|
|5226||Motion picture, broadcasting and other technical and coordinating professions in the performing arts|
|5227||Supports professions in motion picture, broadcast, photography and performing arts|
|5241||Graphic designers & illustrators|
|6221||Technical sales specialist – wholesale trade|
Know about the documents required in 2021 for BC PNP
Below is a list of documents officially processed by the BCPNP Authority for processing and properly evaluating an immigration application for provincial nomination under the Department of Skills Immigration:
- Your employer must provide you with a written offer of employment in the company's official letterhead. (Job offer letter)
- Proof that you can support yourself (and your dependents where applicable)
- A valid passport and travel documents
- Documents that show you have or be eligible for legal immigration status in Canada
- Educational Certificate (Degree, Diploma and Certificate)
- Work related reference letter
- Language Skills (IELTS)
- Police certificates and clearances
- Proof of citizenship (name, age, date of birth must be specified)
Why Choose Kals Immigration Visas – The Best Immigration Consultant?
Kals Immigration Visas is The Best Immigration Consultant In Delhi with a 100% Visa approval rate. Following are some of the major reasons that make us The Best Immigration Consultant for Canada PR Visa:
- ICCRC registered Since 2007
- More than 200 staff works for one product Canada PR visa
- Hand holding support throughout the process.
- Mission Zero Defect.
- True, transparent, and authentic. No aftershocks.
- Our only mission is your success
- Trained and certified staff to communicate with
- Matchless Knowledge
- Extensive experience of dealing with complex cases
- Regular quality reviews
- Each Case is reviewed 3 times before submission
- 24*7 support
- Post-Landing Services
- IELTS Coaching
- Job assistance